2009年2月16日月曜日

Greener Pasture

The day came suddenly. Your dad said “I think I will start a new career at a nuclear power plant in Tokai village, Ibaraki prefecture.” I asked him, “WHAT?” He said,” I have been satisfied with my current job. However, the working conditions are so hard. I do overtime until midnight everyday. I have been ordered to go Aomori prefecture for a long time, so I have no time to spend with you and Tap. If I change my career my marriage would improved and I have enough time to take care of Tap.”

I shouted, “No kidding! Quitting your job without talking with me? Ha! Last year, I moved here Yokohama and you went to Aomori on business. It was very hard for me to raise Tap alone. However, the neighbors helped me a lot. Thanks to their kindness, I got used to living in Yokohama city and I keep good relationship with them. I enjoy this life. I want to live in this company apartment as long as I can. Why do I have to move? I never will !” And then, I burst into tears.

Your dad said,” I know, I know, but ... just let's stay calm, please. Listen to me, sorry for passing the interview without talking you. I thought if I failed, I would feel shame, so I didn’t tell you. I am already 34, so it might be the last chance to change careers . Fortunately, I worked there for 2 years and you lived there , so you already have friends. You don’t make them from scratch . We have enough time to think about it , so let’s think about our future together..."
However, I was so angry that there was no way for him to get close to me.
“NO! I will stay here.” I cried loudly at midnight. Sorry for neighbors

A few days later, to make matters worse…I had a car accident and destroyed my car.
In the parking lot at the dentist, I failed to park my car and scrapped the bottom of the car against the road. The car rattled along and I couldn't’t drive the car. I called to your dad. ”Oh I had a car accident. Please help me! ” I was so panicked and cried on the phone. He said to me softly. “Are you and Tap OK?” I said, “Yes. Nobody was hurt.” “OK, OK,” He said and told me how to deal with the accident.

That night he came home and said to me, “ The car repair bill might be one hundred thousand yen. Oh …”I cried.“Never mind. Unpredictable things happen in life. That’s life. And you and Tap are safe.” Your dad said kindly.

After the car accident, we talked about the merits and demerits and reached a conclusion; Quitting the job and starting a new career in a new place.

This car accident has had a quite a big influence on my outlook on life . I want to live life in Yokohama. However, I can’t really think about it too much. And I just have to get on with life, and just try and be myself wherever I live, and make sure I am still having a good time with your dad and you.








0 件のコメント: