Sad to say, we spent the New Year holidays without your dad this year. Ha… Your dad was in Aomori for his work, so, I didn’t make osechi-ryori and clean up my house. I didn’t buy fukubukuro. I didn’t put on my kimono and visit local shrines because I didn’t feel like greeting the New Year. However, today I cheered up.We went to the New Year’s parade of fire brigades,Dezome-shiki( 出初式). Dezome-shiki is a typical Japanese ceremony. Firefighters perform fire drills for citizens and pray for a safe year. Usually, it is held at the beginning of the New Year at the fire station. However, this year is the 150th Anniversary of the Opening of the Port of Yokohama. So, it was held at the bay of Yokohama in Isogo ward. I thought boys like fire engines and firemen so, I asked neighboring boys’ mothers to go to the ceremony with me . They said “It looks interesting. My son might be happy to see the ceremony.” The day came. The weather was so fine. The sky was so blue. The ceremony started at 10 a.m. Fire engines formed a line. “Wow! Many fire engines are there! Amaaaazing!” Boys were shouting.

Firefighters started their performance drills . They acted quickly. They hosed and water spread vigorously. And then, the life saving drill started. It was a distinguished performance. Suddenly a helicopter was flying and came closer to us. A fireman threw a rope into the sea. A drowning man in the sea grasped the rope and held the fireman. Soon, the rope was pulled up and the two men arrived at the helicopter. Mind blowing! People gave thunderous applause. After the ceremony, we could take pictures behind fire engines and firefighters . “Let’s take pictures!” Oh… Tap you were sleeping well. So, three boys were on the fire engines and you were on the baggy.

The beginning of the year means a fresh start, a blank page, for all of us. Our first page was an unforgettable performance and a shot with Hama-chan, an emergency mascot of Yokohama.
A Happy New Year to all of you! I hope you enjoyed the holidays as much as we did.

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿